Friday 23 November 2012

Friday Fellowship


The Friday student fellowship has been a feature in my life for as long as I remember.  
Even as a child I recollect just hanging around with my brother while the other people had their meetings and gatherings. 

I haven't even left Hull and I am already starting to miss the church, the fellowship; the people. Especially the students. For the past couple of years I've been able to play a bigger part in the student fellowship. Every week we buy the food, cook, eat, sing, pray, read the Bible and share together. 

Tonight was something special. Usually we struggle for people to come and help cook, and sometimes we don't have quite enough food as we have no idea how many people would come. Today, we had plenty of chefs and it was fun; fun to laugh and share, fun to watch all the food being enjoyed. God is good and has been faithful to our group, he really has. 

Our amazing dishes from tonight:

Mum's duck with ginger vinegar dipping- so succulent

 Denise's pork with dried Chinese mushrooms and beancurd- so beautiful

 Taiwan Amy's meat stew with pork, pototo and carrots- so delicious

Amy's stirfried cabbage with sichuan peppercorns- amazing!

 Amy gave me this as a present as it's my favourite spice...and used a little for the cabbage

My randomly made-up 'pizza egg' with onions, mushrooms, and peppers

My stir-fried cauliflower

What am I going to do on Fridays in the new year....?

No comments:

Post a Comment