Thursday 11 April 2013

Wetherspoons


Good old Wetherspoons! Lovely, cheap and cheerful. Who hasn't had one of the great deals that they do? Burger and a drink, curry night....mmmm.....

My early memories of Wetherspoons was the Older People's Pub Lunches with HUSSO. Yes, thats right. In my student days, every Friday, I would bring a group of local elderly residents from Hull to the pub....It was amazing! The participants absolutely loved it. We would alternate between a few different places, but Wetherspoons down Beverley Road was one of our favourites. I would book a table for 12.30pm and it would be all ready for us, complete with jugs of water! Thinking back, it was probably one of the first times that I really started to understand what pub food really was- the classics. I still lived at home at the time and would obviously eat Chinese food all of the time. Friday was my chance to eat 'English'....

Those were the days!

No comments:

Post a Comment