Monday 29 April 2013

Wine Gums



New style Wine gums; a promotional freebie given out on the way to work. I actually got 3 packets! 
These reminds me of my brother. He used to love getting the normal tube of original Maynard Wine Gums. It was either that or Haribo.

Companies seem to be always trying to make new flavours and takes on their original products- but they never really catch on. I mean, who really wants sour wine gums? I remember when the KitKat Chunky first came out; loved them because they were special enough to be a different product, but somehow still tasted the same. Now, there are a million flavours of KitKat Chunky- it's ridiculous, but (call me boring) I would still go for the original flavour anyday!

I'm pretty blessed in that I really do not have much of a commute. I feel sorry for the people who have to spend hours on the train or tube to get to work; getting up at strange hours of the morning to not even be able to get a seat on the train and have to stand for ages with a cup of Starbucks coffee in one hand, squashed between business people who are either reading the latest financial report on the iphone or browsing through the Metro. Above all, what is striking is the utter silence. Everyone is plugged in- I'd love to know what everyone is listening to. 

So, I guess freebies on the way to work come as a welcomed surprise; it offers a split second of interaction with someone and heyho, who doesn't like something for nothing? Victoria Station is always buzzing in the morning; mostly people 'running' to work, but now that it's nearing summer, there seems to be an awful lot of tourists floating around the place as well.  During the past few months, I have been offered a fair number of random things, including endless Metros and Timeout:



Halifax Jelly Beans; in the company colours


Yoghurt- complete with a spoon!
 

Cadbury's Chocolate- complete with a rather amusing advertising campaign


Mobile phone screen wiper- not quite sure what that was really all about


Toothpaste & Shampoo- great gift for the morning


 I wonder what I'll get next?!

5 comments: